About Me

My photo
I started stitching a few years ago thanks to a very dear friend. She has encouraged and taught me so much. I am the Mum of three great kids who I love dearly. I love to stitch in my spare time and even though I am a newbie I enjoy it very much.

Monday 21 April 2014

Happy Easter

I hope everyone is enjoying a happy and safe Easter with family and friends. We have had the most glorious weather on the North Coast. Not a great picture but might give you some idea of the clear blue skies and warm weather we never usually have over Easter.
 

I was lucky enough to have my eldest home from University for two weeks. So during the week I made him a shaggy with the lovely flannelette I bought from Kerry whilst in Nundle. It came together really quickly and I am sure will keep him warm when he gets back to Armidale.
 
 


 
I spent all of Friday cleaning up and sorting out my sewing projects. I live in a granny flat at my parents place so space is at a premium.
 
 
Now at least I have box per project and can see where things are. But I did find rather large number of UFO's. I seem to have a very bad habit of completing the stitchery and then leaving the assembly until, later (later never seems to come) So while chatting to my very dear friend Ann from Lavender Blue she suggested I try and finish one of these projects. Inspiration she called it, just pick a small one she said......... So over the last three days it has become a "challenge" to finish one project a day. I would never have thought it possible but I did it!!!!!! Yay three projects out of the UFO box already

 

 

 
This is a Christmas table topper that I started at a retreat in Nowra in 2011. Its a bit wonky bit at least it is finished now.

 
Then a very cute Christmas bag from Hatched and Patched and to continue the Christmas theme these cute little Christmas pockets. Also from H&P.
 



 
So that rounds out a very productive Easter and now time for munching on some chocolate. We had a surprise visitor come to deliver our eggs this year. He is very hard to see sitting on top of the wheelie bin in amongst the ferns but it was a little wallaby who was very lost in suburbia but soon hopped over the fence and off up the street

 
Enjoy the rest of your Easter break
 
Happy stitching
xox
 

5 comments:

  1. Great shaggy quilt, he will need it in Armidale too! Good to get some projects finished......the stitchery is always the easy part.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your shaggy quilt is gorgeous....I am sure your son loves it....and your finished projects are fantastic...well done ..

    ReplyDelete
  3. The shaggy will be great for the winter ahead. Well done on your finishes. Super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well Done sam....3 projects in 3 days,,,,You are on fire girl xx

    ReplyDelete